Sunday 21 June 2015

Final Project-Florence Cathedral and Duomo

My main inspiration for this project was Florence Cathedral and the Duomo. Every section contained a different pattern and whilst I took well over 400 photos there are still patterns I didn't capture and missed. Quite honestly I could fill my blog up with images just of the Cathedral, but I will spare you all of that and post a selective few.

My favourite areas are the squares around the circle windows as I love the way the pattern stretches all the way around and almost begins to disappear as the pattern moves further down. 
 Every pattern was either cut out of stone and tessellated together or carved into the stone. It really was fascinating to see so much detail on a large scale and to stop and think of the tedious hours people spent creating this building.



No comments:

Post a Comment