Sunday 21 June 2015

Final project-Tuscany

My final project at Norwich University was called Printed Tiles, in which I wanted to create a range of fabrics suitable for the interiors market.
Last year I went on a 2 week holiday to Tuscany where I visited Lucca, Florence, Pisa, Pistoia and Cinque Terre. I was so inspired by the variety of colours and patterns these places had to offer, particularly Florence Cathedral and the Duomo. I decided that this would be the starting point of my project.

The first photo is of a little square in Lucca. Very much a peaceful and unspoilt Italian city, no cars are permitted to drive in the city walls unless issued a permit by the council and there are no fast food chains, the restaurants are all locally sourced and run.
The following two photos are of Cinque Terre-5 villages built into the cliffs along the coast line and connected by train. Each has a little harbour and a mass of colour from the boats to the houses.  




No comments:

Post a Comment