Thursday 22 May 2014

DECORATING LEAVES-SCARF DESIGN


This is from a fairly old project at university. The brief was to design a scarf based on Norfolk. I knew everyone was going to go with the obvious cobbles and the markets, so I wanted to assure I had something completely different. I went down the route of Norfolk outdoors. So I developed drawings of architectural details and markings and moved these onto leaves I collected from woods in norwich. 

From the drawings on the leaves, I scanned them into my computer and played around with layouts and composition on photoshop. I came up with lots and lots of final scarf ideas but for me, two stood out. 
This photo below is my final scarf, I can assure you it looks far better in person and the quality has come out really bad in this picture. However you get the idea. I got this digitally printed and then frayed the edges (after sewing of corse).

No comments:

Post a Comment