Saturday 31 May 2014

INSPIRATION

I was going to tell everyone to buy GoodHomes Pattern & Print magazine, June 2014. Packed full of exactly what the title says 'pattern & print'. Featuring monochrome buys, blue and white schemes and an interview with Caroline Gardner. However when I was googling images of this magazine this photo caught my eye and I found it much more inspiring and interesting than what I was going to say.

Modern folk is the title for this collection of images, a fantastic opportunity to showcase tile patterns, Moroccan prints and earthy colours all in one photo!! After years of art school teaching me tonal scales and the effective use of shading it seems a shame that I am drawn to block colours and patterns that involve no shading what soever. I feel my talent is slightly wasted. But I couldn't be more drawn to this mood board of basic colours and complex patterns. 


No comments:

Post a Comment